Thursday, September 2, 2010

So it's that time again...back to school! This year the kids are in first and fourth grade. The morning was uneventful since I had ironed and hung up their first day of school clothes a week earlier. Lunches were packed shoes were by the garage door. We had plenty of time to shower, do hair, eat breakfast and get to school. Madisen kept insisting she wasn't nervous she was just excited. Being in half day kindergarten was hard for her since she got board easily waiting for Tanner to get home. She couldn't wait to go the lunchroom and eat with her friends. Tanner was a little nervous since he's more like me and likes things to run the way they are planned out in his head. He hugged and kissed me at the car and then it was onto the playground to meet our new teachers. The kids walked side by side ahead of me which I didn't like. I wanted At least Madisen to hold my hand but she insisted on walking with Tanner. He put his arm around her walked her to the lines. Suddenly Tanner announced he was going to find his class and called out "bye Mom." My heart sank until I realized I was still holding all his school supplies in my hand so I would "have" to go find him to "give him his stuff." I walked Madisen to her line and met her teacher. This is where she grabbed my and and asked me very bravely to stay until they walked to class. I traded places with Justin for just a minute to take Tanner his supplies where I received a fist bump and a "see ya later." Then it was back to Madisen who was still insisting on not being nervous despite her pounding heart. We said the Pledge of Allegiance and walked the few feet to her classroom where she hugged me and walked into her classroom with a huge smile on her face. They had a great day and love their teachers. Lunch was a success they even ate their snap peas!!
The next day she jumped out of the car and hugged me. I went to take her hand to walk her in and this is where she said, "I don't need you." and ran after Tanner onto the play ground. They got to the playground and I got in my car and called Justin and cried!!!

No comments: