Friday, September 11, 2009

Where were you 8 years ago today?


It was 6:45am September 11. 2001 and we were in the waiting room of St. Rose Hospital watching the news as we waited to be taken back to the delivery room. Breaking News flashed across the screen at the same time they called "Jenessa we are ready to take you back now." I was scared and shaking as I lay in the hospital bed hooked up to a fetal monitor and IV's in preparation for the c-section that was scheduled for 8:00am. The nurse busied themselves with all the usual stuff while all the time whispering to each other. I asked several times if everything was okay with the baby and was assured that he looked great. The anesthesiologist came in and gave me some meds to calm my nerves and walked me into the delivery room to place my spinal block and a few minutes later Tanner graced us with his presence. He didn't cry and I immediately began to panic and ask if he was all right and my mom responded "He's here and he's perfect!" through her tears.
Here it is 8 years later and I feel so blessed to have this special angel in my home. He brings light to every dark day with his sense of humor and very charming smile. My heart breaks if he is sad and soars when he is happy!!! He will be baptized in a week and we are so excited for him to feel that sweet spirit on his special day. During his baptism interview that bishop asked his about the word of wisdom and specifically asked, Should you drink or smoke or take harmful drugs?" Tanner responded "No." When the bishop asked why he said, " because I'm only a child." I love this kid and he keeps me laughing all the time. I pray as he gets older he will keep his child like faith and grow strong in the gospel with an unwavering testimony of who he is and where he came from. Happy 8th Birthday Tanner!!!



1 comment:

Thatcher Family said...

Awh! Happy Birthday Tanner!! Congrats on the decision to get baptised too. Sending love from AZ (from someone you've never really met...but oh well!) ;)