Sunday, May 2, 2010

Race For The Cure

My sister called a couple of weeks ago and asked if I was interested in running the Race For The Cure 5k. With only a couple of weeks to get ready I was really nervous and wasn't sure I would be able to run the whole thing and finished with a decent time. I rallied a few friends who I thought would be interested in actually running with me and it came down to just me and my friend Erica who were able to participate. SAturday morning arrived an I got up at 6:15 which was a miracle in it's self for a weekend. I left the house at 7:10 and picked up Erica, and headed over to the start line in Las Vegas. Feeling as though we were running late we quickly walked from our car to the start line, met up with my sister, her husband, and boys as well as my sister in law and little brother who thankfully had safety pins for our numbers. We pinned on our bibs, started the timer and started running. We finished in 35 minutes and only walked about 10 minutes of the 35. Thanks Erica for sticking with me and my stress fractured shin. We had a great time and are looking forward to our next run!
What you can't see in this picture are the matching pink and black watches we were wearing.

No comments: