Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Toot my own horn! And get motivated again.


This picture was taken last March and I hate it. This is the first time anyone has seen it. 
This is  my before picture
I can't remember ever taking a picture in my swimsuit that I didn't delete from my camera! 
I do have to say my arms look great!

As most of you know I have been working really hard to loose wight and eat healthy so that I don't get all the diseses that go along with being over weight.   This really started when I was filling out paper work at the doctor for Madisen and realized how many things I had to check off that her relatives have. Things like diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cancer! SCARY!! I decide that if I don't set the example and instill in my kids a love of exercising an eating healthy they could end up battling their weight along with all the things listed above. So here what I am doing. 

I guess first I will spill my guts an tell you what I weighed when I started back in August....178 pounds. Now for some people this is nothing but being that I am all of about 5' 2" this is alot of extra fat on my body. My goal is to get down to a size 6 or 125 pounds. I have been doing Jazzercise since August and I LOVE IT! It is my new drug. I need my fix every week. I started out going two days a week and love it so much that I am also taking the night class two days a week.   If you are looking for something you can do and love this is my recommendation. I pay for it up front so that I feel like even if I am tired one day if I don't go I have just wasted that money. Most of our rec centers in Henderson have classes and though the other instructors are good we definently have the best one at Black Mountain. I am down to 135 pounds and have not been eating what I should through the holidays. But with working out I have been able to eat whatever and maintain my weight loss just by continuing to exercise. 

So that is my plug to find a Jazzercise class and fall in love with it!
   


4 comments:

The1stdaughter said...

Good for you! What an accomplishment. I can't wait to do the same once I am not pregnant anymore.

Nicole said...

That is great! When Braydon was a baby I went to Jazzersize. It was the first exercise that I actually liked. I remember doing something with arms in the air and the lady saying it shouldn't hurt. She said if it did, to put your arms down. Well, it hurt like hack! But I was looking around the room at all of the "older" ladies and there was no way I was putting my arm down!

Mike and Julie said...

That was a great post. Got to say that after watching you and Wendy losing weight-you actually were the one that inspired me to try harder! Now I am motivated again!!!! If only you could talk your jazzersize lady into starting at 7pm instead so I can make it there!

Tara said...

You Go Girl! You are an inspiration.....everytime I see you I think wow, she looks great!