Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hands off Mom! You may only touch the camera.

Tanner and Madisen's own Christmas Tree.
Tanner sat and looked at the lights for about an hour after they were finished.
Decorating and instructing me to keep my hands off the tree and on the camera only.
Sweet little Madisen. She loved the round lights.


Finally I got the kids there own tree. I know that some of you are probably thinking "why wouldn't she want her kids to decorate just on tree together as a family?" Because I am nutty!!! And a control freak!!! Last year I let the kids decorate our big tree and then when they went to bed I fixed it. I moved the ornaments around so they were spaced evenly around the tree instead of in a big lump at there level. It was so pretty when I was done but.... the  next morning the kids came down to look atthe tree and turn on the lights and the flood of tears that followed was rediculous. They cried so hard and sad because I moved their ornaments around on the tree. So this year to avoid the tears and the mental freaking out on my end of an uneven tree they got their own. They got to pick out the lights they wanted at  Target(my favorite store), they hung the lights, and then decorated to their little hearts content. It turned out cute. I do have to admit though I am having a hard time not fixing it. 

3 comments:

The Pea said...

I love that you did this! It keeps you sane and gives them there creativity! And I love there tree. I just wish I was there to see it in person! Could you keep it up till Jan 10th?? LOL

Jenessa said...

Absolutely not!!!

S'mee said...

When our kids were little everyone wanted to decorate the tree and most of the ornaments went on the bottom. Eventually I began to teach the kids how to stand back and balance the reds and greens and how to get the ornaments in all the right places. Then one year we had an extra bit of money and I set up an extra tree and let them go at it. They loved it. Then the girls wanted their own, and then everyone wanted their own, and now, well I have a zillion trees.

Moral of the story: Be careful what you wish for. Sometimes control grows into nutso. ; )