Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Our Family Thanksgiving Day


                                                                            Tanner 
Madisen looking so pretty!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! It really is the most wonderful time of the year. There is great food, friends, family, decorating the tree and yard, oh yeah and my favorite day of the year BLACK FRIDAY! Thanksgiving dinner was awesome. We had so much fun. The kids were great so great in fact that I didn't see them until it was time to round them up and go home. I went home finished fluffing the tree and going through the ads for the next day and then it was off to bed at 7:30 to get a full nights sleep. The alarm went off at 2:30am and I got up, got ready then Brennan showed up at 3:45 to watch my kids when they woke up later that morning and Justin and I were at Walmart at 4am to wait in line until the doors opened at 5. We had a successful day and were home at 11:30 am exhausted. 

The next day Justin got up at 7 to go out and get started on the outside lights while I stayed in bed until 8. I a got up worked out and then cleaned the house. Tanner and Justin were outside with a hot glue gun decorating my house. Yes I said hot glue gun. What do you need a hot glue gun for when outside hanging Christmas lights you ask. I will show you. 

Yes those lights are hot glued to the sidewalk and I also have them glued to the edges of the windows. My house looks like a gingerbread house. It is very cute and as soon as Justin rips the big tree out of the front yard so you can actually see the house then I will post a picture. 

Anyways we had a great weekend and are finished with decorations and are now going to focus on the real reason for the season. Merry Christmas!!!   




4 comments:

The Pea said...

Hot glue on the sidewalk!!?? Hillarious!

Nicole said...

That is SO COOL! What a great idea. Can't wait to see the rest of the house. And what an experience your black friday was. What kind of great deals did you get?

Thatcher Family said...

Interesting. Never thought of doing that. I guess that's a good way not to leave a mark on the house. Does it really stick that well??

Cristen said...

I can not wait to see your house it is always so awesome. Glad you had a good thanksgiving. We missed you though